- 12:36 am - Sat, Mar 10, 2012
This was a spa day I had a while back. I want to have a day like this every other week *sigh*
This place played live music and smoothies.
- 12:33 am
This photo was taken a few months ago. My nails will NNEEEVVEERR be like this again!
- 10:20 pm - Mon, Mar 5, 2012
Biosil will fix yo nails, gurl!!
Too tired to figure out how to move photos from my microsoft phone (my mom bought it… because the sales man said it was the latest thing. Oh, mom…) to tumblr but let me just say my nails have never grown this long before without peeling all day, without breaking everyday and regrowing…
My nails still broke a bit, don’t get me wrong… but it breaks on a once a week basis and it’s just one nail.
And since I’ve increased my dosage of biosil, no breakage yet. Interested to see what’s next.
- 8:21 pm - Thu, Nov 24, 2011
- 10 notes
MAKE YOUR OWN CUTICLE & NAIL OIL
This oil is actually just some oil flaxseed oil I had laying around. I hate the smell of it, so I was never using it. The key here is the bottle. The applicator brush allows me to apply oil to my cuticle and under my nail bed without having to deal with excess oil.
This is actually an old bottle of nail polish that I really, really disliked & was going to throw away! I washed it out by:
1. Removing the applicator brush from the cap and soaking both in nail polish remover.
2. Using a mini-funnel to fill the bottle with nail polish remover & let sit.
3. Pour out and repeat.
4. Clean out bottle, brush and cap with soap and water.
5. Fill with an oil of your choice
- 7:30 pm - Tue, Nov 22, 2011
- 20 notes
HAIR & NAILS UPDATE
Great nail growth! I could never keep them this long before without them breaking off, feeling annoying, or my cuticles looking totally bad. I’ve been taking my vitamins semi-consistently and using Nail Tek II. I’m going to start adding this to my regime:
- Nail Tek II (clear nail polish)
- Omega 3,6,9
- More water
I also checked out my hair growth over the past 3 years. This is what I’m going to try from now on based on things that were obviously working/not working:
- Self-relax (so I can tex-lax, PH balance, yogurt treatment, & air dry)
- No more tight styles for several weeks/months on end
- Super consistent hair vitamins
- Learn to style my hair myself
Why did it take me this long to realize that all the braids and weaves I wore to protect my hair were probably the things damaging it? My hair retained length when I took vitamins and did natural treatments to it. What will happen if I stop damaging it and up the ante on the good stuff?
- 9:31 pm - Mon, May 23, 2011
Hott. Doing nude colour next. My toes, however, will always be a brilliant white. I started painting my toe nails white because I’d always be dissatisfied with any other colour. It keeps them looking neat, clean, and … dainty?